George Bowers Grocery is committed to small actions for big environmental results — some of which were available in 1881 and others that are brand new:
- Much of our produce, meat, cheese, honey, and other foods are grown locally or sourced through a local/regional distributor.
- In the summer we are a CSA drop for Nu-Beginning Farms. Nu-Beginning coordinates with several local farmers to offer a diverse box subscription of local produce from May through October.
- Of our imported “fancy groceries”, we bundle shipping in the most responsible fashion.
- Recycled plastic bags! We encourage you to bring your own.
- We recycle glass, plastic, and aluminum.
- All lightbulbs are on dimmers, and rarely used in the afternoon!
- We’ve added green plants for improved indoor air quality.
- Many of you can easily walk or ride your bike here!