We’ll be closed Tuesday and Wednesday this week. We will reopen this Thursday, usual hours: Noon until 7pm. Thank you for your support.
NEW – Staunton Freecycle!
Have you heard about the new Freecycle chapter that just formed?
Freecycle is an online service where you can give away or obtain items for free. It is completely member-driven, a lot like our newly established (h)OUR Economy time exchange. In the hour exchange timebank you trade hours for hours. At Freecycle you can trade actual things. Browse Freecycle to find items you need, give away things you no longer use, and strengthen our community at the same time.
Here’s how you use Freecycle.
1. Sign up for a free account. You can register with an email address or your Facebook account.
2. Browse. There are three types of listings: OFFERS (items being given away), WANTS (items wanted), and TAKEN (items have been given away).
3. Respond to any listings that appeal to you.
4. Post your own giveaway offer. To post an offer title it like this because it gets emailed to the entire group:
OFFER: Item Description (Geographic Area)
e.g., OFFER: Bookshelf (Newtown/Downtown)
Then write a description of the item(s) you’re giving away just like you would if you used Craigslist.
5. Prepare to be amazed. The more people who use it the better it becomes. Remember, the beauty of Freecycle is that everything is given for free!
Thank you for organizing, Tracey and Stephen Coltrain!